From novel insight of IMMUNOLOGY
Shaperon is a clinical stage biotech company developing novel inflammasome inhibitors(small molecule). Its unique mechanism of action of GPCR19-P2X7 modulation suppresses a broad spectrum of inflammatory cytokines including IL-1β, IL-18, IL-6, and TNF-α, etc. by controlling both priming and activation phase of inflammasome, whereas conventional approaches are designed to suppress only the activation phase. With this unique and novel modality which is best suited to address complex immune-mediated inflammatory disorders, we are currently developing multiple clinical programs in atopic dermatitis, cytokine release syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, ulcerative colitis, NASH, etc.
In addition to inflammasome R&D programs, Shaperon has anti-cancer nanobody bispecifics and anti-viral nanobody therapeutics. Shaperon’s proprietary immunized nanobody libraries combined with high throughput screening and in vitro/in vivo system enable us to fast forward the realization of advantages of nanobodies over conventional antibody-based medicines. We are currently developing multi-valent, multi-specific nanobodies in multiple delivery forms in oncology and viral infection diseases.
Novel inflammasome inhibitors targeting
disorders with high unmet medical needs
- World’s first GPCR19-P2X7 modulation modality
- Atopic dermatitis : a broad spectrum of cytokines and chemokines suppressed, tissue regenerations enhanced
- Sepsis : regulatory immune cells (MDSCs) with anti-inflammatory phenotype increased
- Alzheimer’s disease. : neuroinflammation on microglia controlled
- Ulcerative colitis : Both TNF-α and IL-1β inhibited simultaneously
- Proprietary immunized nanobody libraries
- High throughput screening/selection technology
- High affinity anti-viral nanobodies with excellent neutralizing potency
- Multi-valent, multi-specific immune-checkpoint nanobodies
- Stable protein structure for oral, inhalable, IV formulations